Spectrum Retirement Communities - Memory Care
Spectrum Retirement offers the proprietary Path to the Present®-- A Resident-Directed Program. It recognizes your loved one’s abilities and preferences, and supports him or her in doing as much self-care as possible. So whether he or she has Alzheimer’s Disease or another type of memory loss, your loved one can maintain independence and dignity.
Rather than asking your loved one to conform to our environment, we’ve created an assisted living environment that conforms to people with dementia. This helps your loved one reach his or her greatest potential—mentally, physically and spiritually.
This unique approach:
- Engages your loved one in meaningful daily activities
- Helps him or her regain a sense of purpose
- Reconnects him or her with the larger world
To help enhance your loved one’s cognitive functioning, our Life Enrichment Coordinator plans meaningful individual and group activities. They encourage your loved one to make his or her own choices, and may include memory aids, creative exercises, physical movement and more.
- Marvelous Minds™ Memory Aid Program
- Matching, Memorization & Categorization
- Music and Memory Program
- Art and Pet Therapy
- Reading, Theater and Cooking Clubs
Dementia Care around the Clock
Our team receives specialized ongoing training in working with people with memory loss and Alzheimer’s Disease, so your loved one gets the highest-quality dementia care. To ensure the right level of care, they provide:
- An introductory assessment at move-in
- Follow ups on a routine basis and if the resident has a change in condition
- Day-to-day, you can feel confident, knowing our nurses and caregivers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so your loved one gets the attention he or she needs to stay safe.
Memory Care Neighborhood
Here your loved one will live in a private and safe apartment that’s like a cottage with its own front porch and other design features to maximize your loved one’s independence. The apartments are in a special assisted living neighborhood—with a memory care garden and putting green—devoted only to memory care.
Watch our video here to get a firsthand glance at what life is like in our Memory Care Neighborhood and how we help our residents thrive.