Memory Care, Denver, CO
HighPointe Assisted Living & Memory Care is a safe, comfortable place for people struggling with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of memory loss. Our specialized care program—The Path to the Present® – A Resident Directed Program—provides your loved one with a renewed sense of purpose and connection to the world. As a resident-directed program, we reinforce self-determination and independence as much as possible. Additionally, all-inclusive Memory Care means peace of mind that you’ll pay a predictable cost of care each month.
Our program aims to help your loved one live up to his or her greatest potential—in mind, body and spirit. To accomplish this, we:
- Engage your loved one in meaningful daily activities
- Respect his or her abilities and preferences
- Support him or her in doing as much self-care as possible
In these ways, you’ll find that our community conforms to your loved one, instead of the other way around. We also take a more holistic approach to Memory Care with our Brain Boosting Benefits™ (B3) smoothie program that incorporates nutrition and hydration to help support cognitive function.
We’re proud to have a higher functioning and more social group of residents than other Memory Care programs. Our Memory Care Programming Coordinator plan meaningful individual and group activities to help support cognitive functioning. We always encourage people to make their own choices, including participating in activities like:
- Memory aids like our Marvelous Minds™ program
- Music, art, theater and cooking classes
- Staff-accompanied outdoor excursions, walks and trips
- Evening activities to help prevent late-day confusion (also known as sundowning)
- Physical movement
- Social interaction
- And more
Brain Boosting Benefits™(B3) Program
Food in raw form is more concentrated and beneficial. Our Brain Boosting Benefits™ (B3) smoothies incorporate superfoods into the diet that can’t be achieved through regular menus. Our B3 smoothies are served as a snack in Memory Care every afternoon. Recipes are developed by our dining services team, and the “Smoothie of the Day” menu is posted in Memory Care.
Highly Trained Caregivers
At HighPointe, you can count on our highly trained, professional team to provide the specialized dementia care your loved one needs. Our team of caregivers:
- Receive ongoing training in working with people with memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease
- Provide an initial care assessment when your loved one arrives
- Do routine follow-ups (and follow-ups anytime your loved one’s condition changes)
You can feel confident knowing that are nurses are available every day and that our caregivers are here for your loved ones around the clock. We are always on hand to ensure that your loved one gets the right amount of attention to stay safe.
Memory Care Neighborhood
Our dedicated Memory Care Neighborhood is spacious, cheerful and serene. It includes private, cottage-like apartments with front porches—all designed with your loved one’s safety and independence in mind. An easy-to-navigate neighborhood, Memory Care includes:
- Multiple floor plan choices
- Private baths in all units
- No companion or shared units
Watch our video here to get a firsthand glance at what life is like in our Memory Care Neighborhood and how we help our residents thrive.