Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if Independent Living is right for me or my parent?
Independent Living is right when you can take care of yourself and you answer "Yes" to any of the following:
- Would you enjoy participating in outings, craft projects, card games, or specialty clubs like a Book Club or Veteran's Club?
- Would you benefit from eating meals prepared for you and enjoying the company of others at dinner time?
- Would you benefit from regular exercise like walking or taking a stretching and balance class?
- Would you benefit from having all the details of everyday life—shopping, bills, housekeeping, home care and more—taken care of?
How do I know if Assisted Living, Transitional Memory Care or Memory Care is right for me or my parent?
We’ll be happy to assist you with this decision, but here are a few guidelines:
- Would you benefit from daily help with activities like bathing, dressing or eating? Then Assisted Living might be right for you.
- Are you also often forgetful or confused? Then the structure and stimulation of Transitional Memory Care could be your best choice.
- Have you been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia? Then you might benefit from the safety and security of a Memory Care program.
Is living at Lincoln Meadows Senior Living really more affordable than staying at home?
To find out, first add up all of your—or your parent’s—current monthly expenses. This could include rent/mortgage, property tax, home owner's insurance, subdivision or association fees, utilities, lawn care, trash removal, home repairs, housekeeping, transportation, exercise classes, groceries, health care, home emergency call systems and more.
Now compare your total to the monthly rental program at Lincoln Meadows Senior Living. Our fees include all of these expenses—along with priceless peace of mind.
Why are your rents higher than those at other communities?
Because you or your parent gets so much more at Lincoln Meadows. Our fee is all-inclusive, meaning you get an apartment in an upscale, home-like community; an anytime dining program with more choices; a large Department of Fun planning more activities; access to high-end amenities like a fitness center and spa; and vibrant energy unlike any other community.
How long is the waitlist?
It depends on which floor plan you choose. The more flexible you are, the faster you can get in to Lincoln Meadows. And if you take the first available apartment, you’re placed on a community waitlist after you move in. This gives you the first right to another apartment when one becomes available.
How’s the food?
Our restaurant-style dining and flexible meal plan, combined with an extensive menu and lots of choices, is unbeatable in retirement living. While it can get old eating in the same place day after day, we do our best to alternate the menu, keep it fresh, and keep you or your parent satisfied.
How will I know if I or my parent will be happy?
You will be welcomed by Lincoln Meadows Senior Living's At Your Service℠ hospitality program, which helps all new residents learn their way around and meet new neighbors right away. The social, friendly environment in our community lends itself to making new friends and living full, happy lives. Your family members are welcome to visit Lincoln Meadows and attend our community events and daily activities at any time!
Is there financial assistance for veterans?
Yes, financial assistance is available through the VA Aid & Attendance Benefit and applies to qualified applicants. We are happy to refer you to a local representation who can help you apply for benefits.