Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if Independent Living is right for me or my parent?
Independent Living is right when you can take care of yourself and you answer "Yes" to any of the following:
- Would you enjoy participating in outings, craft projects, card games, or specialty clubs like a Book Club or Veteran's Club?
- Would you benefit from eating meals prepared for you and enjoying the company of others at dinner time?
- Would you benefit from regular exercise like walking or taking a stretching and balance class?
- Would you benefit from having all the details of everyday life—shopping, bills, housekeeping, home care and more—taken care of?
How do I know if Assisted Living, Transitional Memory Care or Memory Care is right for me or my parent?
We’ll be happy to assist you with this decision, but here are a few guidelines:
- Would you benefit from daily help with activities like bathing, dressing or eating? Then Assisted Living might be right for you.
- Is your loved one often forgetful or confused? Then the structure and stimulation of Transitional Memory Care could be your best choice.
Is living at Gardens at Westlake Senior Living really more affordable than staying at home?
To find out, first add up all of your—or your parent’s—current monthly expenses. This could include rent/mortgage, property tax, home owner's insurance, subdivision or association fees, utilities, lawn care, trash removal, home repairs, housekeeping, transportation, exercise classes, groceries, health care, home emergency call systems and more.
Now compare your total to the monthly rental program at Gardens at Westlake. Our fees include all of these expenses—along with priceless peace of mind.
How will I know if I or my loved one will be happy?
Your loved one will be welcomed by Gardens at Westlake Senior Living's At Your Service® hospitality program, which helps all new residents learn their way around and meet new neighbors right away. The social, friendly environment in our community lends itself to making new friends and living full, happy lives. Your family members are welcome to visit Gardens at Westlake and attend our community events and daily activities at any time!
How do you price care?
In Assisted Living, we provide individualized care, such as help with activities of daily living. This is based on a point system, not tiers, so you only pay for exactly what you need.
What kind of care can you provide in Assisted Living?
We provide more care than you might expect. We can help you or your loved one with all personal care needs. We also accommodate wheelchairs and oxygen tanks. We can care for diabetic residents, as well as some higher acuity residents because we have 24-hour nursing.
Is there financial assistance for veterans?
Yes, financial assistance is available through the VA Aid & Attendance Benefit and applies to qualified applicants. We are happy to refer you to a local representative who can help you apply for benefits.