Residence Club™ at Spectrum Retirement
The Residence Club™ at Spectrum Retirement Communities is a transitional Memory Care program that helps individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). We believe that many residents who currently live in a traditional Memory Care setting could flourish in a less restrictive environment. This unique and stimulating club is for residents who have memory issues, but who are currently residing in Assisted Living. It supports the independence of the resident by helping to maintain normal daily activities.
The Residence Club™ Program Benefits
- Group size limited to 10-12 participants
- Residents continue to live in their selected apartments in Assisted Living
- Structured activities that are developed based on the preferences and abilities of the resident
- Provides an opportunity for socialization in a safe environment
- The program operates 7 days a week with a dedicated Life Enrichment Specialist trained specifically to support residents with memory issues
- Weekly updates provided to family members
Example of a Daily Schedule
- 10:00 — Cognitively stimulating – Marvelous Minds. Participate in brain stimulating activities.
- 10:30 — Physical/Therapeutic - SpectraFit, an organized exercise program.
- 11:15 — Sensory stimulation prior to lunch.
- 11:30 — Luncheon - encourage socialization.
- 12:30 — Sensory/visual stimulation - Rest and medication if needed.
- 1:30 — Creative Activity- Activities are designed for all levels.
- 2:15 — Recreational/Physical - SpectraFun -group fun exercises.
- 2:45 — Nutritious nibbles and hydration.
- 3:15 — Intergenerational/music/parties/ socials – Functional group participation in community happenings.
- 4:30 — Sensory stimulation prior to dinner.
- 5:00 — Dinner - encourage socialization.
- 5:45 — Therapeutic Stimulation – Evening activity.
- 6:30 — Day Program ends